Wednesday 6 December 2006

the worst thing...

The worst thing about starting a blog is trying to find a name for it. What word can I think of that identifies me to those who know me, and yet is unique? What word sets me apart as special, as someone whose random thoughts might be worth reading? The truth is that the words that really do set me apart (over-educated-grumpy-old-git) aren't ones that I particularly want associated with my 'net identity. I want to be thought of as cool, handsome, special (in the good sense of the word; the other sense I already have covered), masculine yet sensitive, godly yet normal, and whatever other binary oppositions you can think of.

The truth is, I'm not special or unique, which is why it took me so long find a title for my blog. I ended up with disarrange ("put into a state of disorder"), because that's how I feel most of the time. I think this is the point where I'm supposed to say something profound, but I am dying for a wee, so for now this will have to do:

Arse.

1 comment:

Matt Stevens said...

NOT special? are you kidding me?! You're like the most special person i know!!